Chiropody is a medical practice that involves the assessment and management of foot and lower limb disorders.
Foot deformities, infections and injuries not only limit your mobility, but can affect your knees, hips and other parts of the body. A Chiropodist is skilled in assessing the needs of their patients and of managing both chronic and acute conditions affecting foot and lower limb function.
The role of the Chiropodist is to maintain and improve patient mobility, to alleviate foot pain, provide health education and thereby improving one’s quality of life.
At Fitness Plus our Chiropodist offers:
Foot Assessments, Treatment & Preventative Plans
- Nail conditions: Curved, Thick Toe, Ingrown & Fungal
- Skin conditions: Cracked Heel, Dry Skin, Warts, Ulcers
- Treatment of Corn and Calluses
- Examination of nerves in feet
- Examination of blood supply to feet
- Examination of the joints of the feet
- Footwear Advice
- Provisions of Diabetic Orthotics and Orthopedic Footwear
- Shoe inserts that are intended to correct an abnormal or irregular walking pattern, by altering slightly the angles at which the foot strikes.
- Compression stockings are specialized elastic garments worn around the leg, to help prevent the occurrence of, and guard against further progression of venous disorders such as Edema by compressing the limb.
Give us a call at (905) 457-5211 to book an appointment.